Need Help, We Got You! Call 1-800- 799 SAFE (7233)
Domestic violence is also known as intimate partner violence (IPV) domestic or relationship abuse. It is a pattern of behavior that is designed to maintain power and control of another individual in an intimate relationship. It occurs when someone close to you establishes a pattern of control over you so that they can keep you as a victim to continue the abuse.
Speak Out: Domestic Violence
Thanks for joining us for a VIRTUAL Domestic Violence Discussion with our expert panelists to raise awareness on the phenomenon of domestic violence and launch a dialogue to share good practices and innovative solutions that can protect the rights of domestic violence victims.
#AskingForAFriend Send Anonymous Questions to 797979
Where Can a Victim Get Help:
- Hotline 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) 1-800-787-3224 (TTY) En Espanol
- Establish a Support System: Have honest communication and plan a path to safety
- Internet: Educate yourself: Be aware of online safety
- Counseling and Legal Help: These could be the best course of action depending on the abuse
Support for Teens and Young Adults
- Break the Cycle – Ages 12 to 24: Building healthy relationships
- National Teen Dating Abuse Helpline– Crisis hotline: 866-331-9474 or Text: LOVEIS to 22522
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline – Crisis hotline: 800-273-8255; 888-628-9454 (en español)
- National Sexual Assault Hotline –Crisis hotline: 800-656-4673
- National Domestic Violence –Hotline: 800-799-7233
- Communities Against Hate – Report an incident. Get help at: 1-844-9-NO-HATE
- Domestic Shelters – DomesticShelters.org
- National Coalition of AntiViolence Programs (NCAVP)
- Veto Violence – Tools, training, and prevention tips.
- Genesis Women's Shelter & Support: 214.942.2998 Providing safety, shelter and support for women who have experienced domestic violence.
- The Family Place: 214.941.1991 Empowering Victims of family violence and advocatinf for social change to stop family violence.
- Women Called Moses: 214.432.3017 Seeking to prevent and end the cycles of Domestic Violence
Legal Assistance and Protection
- Lawyers Against Domestic Violence: 214.748.1234
- Legal Help Line for Domestic Violence: 800.777.4673
- Legal Services of North Texas: 214.748.1234
Dallas County District Attorney’s Office
- Family Violence Division: 214.653.3528
- Protective Orders: 214.653.3528
- Harmony Counseling Center: 214.751.3932 Advancing God's presence by strengthening families and revitalizing neighborhoods.
- Oak Cliff Bible Fellowship Counseling Center: 214.672.9100
- Lake Point Church Counseling Center: 469.698.2250
- Carolyn Thompson, LPC-S: 817.632.6637 (Private Practice)
- Dr. Iman Ross, LPC-S: 469.236.3999 (Private Practice)