21 Days of Prayer & Fasting
Join us for 21 days of prayer and fasting to start the 2021 new year! God's Not Done. He's just getting started. Read more tips for fasting, download the fasting guide below, and join us for our daily morning prayer call.
To join Daily Prayer Call via telephone, please call (712) 451-0200 - Access Code 193840
Fasting is to deny myself food for spiritual purposes. It is a spiritual discipline that allows one to reset and refocus on God by removing things we normally enjoy. We will be practicing a Daniel fast, which is a vegetarian fast.
- Fasting is a Christian’s voluntary abstinence from food for spiritual purposes.
- Fasting does not have to be specifically food, but the denial of any legitimate desire for spiritual purposes.
- Scripture describes the fasting of numerous individuals including Jesus (Matthew 4:2), Daniel (Daniel 1:12), John the Baptist (Matthew 3:4) and Esther (Esther 4:16).
- Drink 6-8 glasses of water daily throughout the fast. This is very important!
- Anyone with a medical condition related to eating or under the treatment of a physician must consult their doctor before proceeding.
- Whole Grains: Brown Rice, Oats, Oatmeal, Barley and Pasta
- Legumes: Dried Beans, Pinto Beans, Split Peas, Lentils, Black Eyed Peas
- Fruits: Apples, Apricots, Bananas, Blackberries, Blueberries, Boysenberries, Cantaloupe, Cherries, Cranberries, Oranges, Figs, Grapefruit, Grapes, Guava, Honeydew Melon, Kiwi, Lemons, Limes, Mangoes, Nectarines, Papayas, Peaches, Pears, Pineapples, Plums, Prunes, Raisins, Raspberries, Strawberries, Tangelos, Tangerines, Watermelon (Limit your intake to 2 citrus fruits per day i.e. lemons, limes, grapefruits and oranges)
- Vegetables: Artichokes, Asparagus, Beets, Broccoli, Brussels Sprouts, Cabbage, Carrots, Cauliflower, Celery, Chili Peppers, Corn, Cucumbers, Eggplant, Garlic, Ginger root, Kale, Leeks, Lettuce, Mushrooms, Mustard Greens, Okra, Onions, Parsley, Potatoes, Radishes, Rutabagas, Scallions, Spinach, Sprouts, Squashes, Sweet Potatoes, Tomatoes, Turnips, Watercress, Yams, Zucchini, Collard greens, Turnip greens
Vegetables, such as potatoes, beans, and soybeans will help provide substance. Fresh or frozen vegetables are recommended. If canned vegetables are desired, use sodium-free or drain and wash prior to cooking.
- Individuals who have an intolerance to beans should substitute with soy products. It is advisable to take a multi-vitamin/mineral supplement during the fast (1 per day). You may also include various nuts to serve as a protein supplement.
- Seeds, Nuts, Sprouts, Olive Oil, Seasonings, and Spices
- Liquids: Spring Water, Distilled Water, 100% All-Natural Fruit Juices, 100% All Natural Vegetable Juices (apple juice, orange juice, grapefruit juice, cranberry juice, etc.) No sweetened drinks or sweetened fruit.
FOODS NOT INCLUDED
Sugar, sugar substitutes and sugar products, desserts, soft drinks, etc.
Table or box salt
Drinks including caffeine
(coffee, tea, etc.)
Bread, enriched grains, and rice
Meats, fish, poultry, dairy, eggs
Margarine, shortening, high fat products
Join Our January Classes
Join us as we teach a simple and systematic way of studying the Scriptures. This is a 4-week interactive virtual Bible study designed to teach every participant the basics of hermeneutics.
This course is designed to equip each participant with the foundations of Biblical leadership. This 4-week course will be an interactive virtual Bible study that will highlight the Biblical principles of Servant leadership.